To the once coveted Superhost title–move over! Introducing Airbnb Plus. The latest Airbnb ranking verifies quality, compares amenities, measure the success of Airbnb hosts, and more. Why? To let Airbnb guests know “Plus” marked Airbnb listings have been visited in person for a 100+ point quality inspection to ensure optimum comfort.
How to Spot an Airbnb Plus
Recently, 3 of our Chicago Airbnb’s were rated among the top 50 Airbnb’s out of the 7,000 in the city! As excited as we are about the news, we are more grateful that with the help of the Plus badge, potential guests can have that little bit of extra peace of mind when booking. We were even able to share this excitement in a brief interview with the Chicago Tribune.
When searching for a high-quality Airbnb, guests have the option to refine their listings to only include Airbnb Plus. These will be marked PLUS as seen above.
Basic Airbnb Plus Program Requirements
To be eligible for Airbnb Plus, you must meet the following requirements:
- Maintained an average rating of 4.8 over the past year
- Accepted 95% of booking requests over the past year, including instantly booked reservations
- No canceled reservations over the past year (except for any penalty-free cancellations)
Here are a few of the requirements for Plus spaces:
- have a thoughtful design showing your unique style and personality,
- be well-maintained and clutter-free,
- have a comfy mattress, high-quality bedding, and plush towels,
- be well-equipped with amenities like wifi and coffee.
I’m an Airbnb Host. How can I Join the Plus Program?
- The first step before applying is reviewing some of the Plus Program Requirments.
- Review your current ratings as an Airbnb host.
- Then, invite a member of Airbnb to review your home and do an inspection based on the programs 100+ point quality test.
These listed steps are all a part of the application process along with a $149 one-time application fee.
73% of travelers are willing to pay more for a home verified for quality and comfort. Naturally, any host would want a piece of the plus program pie!
Author: Amina Grace