Think your humble abode can’t become one of the best places to stay in Chicago? Think again. HostlyBnB continues to help short-term vacation rental host like you to achieve their business potential. First, we start with helping you see your rental apartment, condo, or home through the eyes of your potential guests. What do they look for and how can you stack up against the competition?
Here are 5 effective ways to scale your hosting business and rank amongst the best places to stay in Chicago.
Create a Well-Rounded Airbnb Listing
An in-depth, well-rounded Airbnb profile generates more clicks that convert to bookings. So, what’s the secret to mastering your listing to rank as one of the best places to stay in Chicago? There are a few things and we don’t recommend cutting corners.
- Discover your unique selling proposition for your property and highlight it with an eye-catching headline. For example: “The Only View Like it!”
- The layout of your description should be written in a storytelling format. Limit bullets or dashes. This is boring and what so many Airbnb listings are doing wrong. Storytelling is a creative way to provide a glimpse of what their Airbnb experience would feel, look, and sound.Be descriptive and explain every detail on what the best place to stay in Chicago is actually like.
- Photos are a HUGE selling point and a great way to let your listing shine. When it comes to your Airbnb listing photos, two rules apply- the more the merrier however quality over quantity. Before you go clicking away shots of your bathroom, check out our article on how to professionally stage your Airbnb.
- Most listings will have AC and Wi-fi and other essential amenities. This isn’t too exciting. You’ll need more to really have an edge on the competition. Consider offering any of the following additions and features that help your Airbnb listing compete: Keurig with ample K-Cups, semi-stocked fridge or pantry, city guides, local takeout menu, any promotions you have access to, a guest Netflix account. Yes, these are additional business expenses but the return on investment is significant.
Use Local Events to Promote Your Listing
Any chance you have to promote your Airbnb–take it! Events are an especially opportune time to make consistent bookings happen. From sports games and concerts to conventions, seminars or trade-shows, there’s a chance for you to customize your marketing to target attendees.
Types of event calendars to keep on your roster include:
- Corporate events are common here in Chicago and other big cities. Many companies provide a budget for their travelers to have nice accommodations. What’s better than your business ready Airbnb?
- People often attend seminars in groups and are looking for an Airbnb that is comfortable and close to their destinations.
- Sports events are a huge part of American culture and some of the best take place in Chicago. Fans travel the country in hopes of watching their team dominate. Save your potential guests from turning to cheap hotels or a tent to accommodate their pre-game celebrations. Oh, and be sure to party-proof your Airbnb!
Hire the Pro’s and Watch Your Ranking Soar
Last year 3 of our Chicago Airbnb’s were rated among the top 50 Airbnb’s out of the 7,000 in all of Chicago! As excited as we are about the news, we are more grateful that with the help of the Plus badge, potential guests can have that little bit of extra peace of mind when booking. We were even able to share this excitement in a brief interview with the Chicago Tribune.
Allow HostlyBnB to expand your Airbnb business by creating and implementing Airbnb marketing strategies, optimize your operations, help your listings rank and so much more.
Ready to be amongst the best places to stay in Chicago? Reach out now for a free discovery call and let us help!