What is it?
The Super Host program is Airbnb’s little way of making sure that we all stay in line.
The biggest problem that Airbnb has to solve is trust, which is why they set up the Super Host Program to encourage good standards and honesty metrics for Hosts to be judged by.
Why should I care?
You should care because:
- You will rank higher.
- You will get more clicks on your listing.
- You will improve your booking rate.
- You will even have a chance of showing up in Airbnb’s locally targeted advertising on Facebook, Instagram and Google.
The bottom line is…
By achieving Super Host status, you increase your chances of MAKING MORE MONEY!
So how exactly do I go about becoming a Super Host?
Here’s how your guest’s will be judging you:
- Overall experience: An anonymous star rating out of 5.
- Share your story: Your guest gets to write about their experience staying at the property.
- Feedback to host: The reviewer can leave private feedback to a host here.
- Accuracy: How accurately did the photos and description represent the actual space? An anonymous star rating out of 5.
- Cleanliness: Did the cleanliness match your expectations of the space? An anonymous star rating out of 5.
- Check-in: How smooth was the check-in process, within control of the host? An anonymous star rating out of 5
- Communication: How responsive and accessible was the host before and during your stay? An anonymous star rating out of 5.
- Location: How appealing is the neighborhood (safety, convenience, desirability)? An anonymous star rating out of 5.
- Value: How would you rate the value of the listing? An anonymous star rating out of 5.
- Would you recommend staying here? A yes/no answer that is anonymous and not linked to the reviewer.
So, how well do you stack up on all of the above? Any areas you think you could improve?
Let’s break it down a little and have a look at a few simple measures you can do at little to no cost straight away.
Overall experience: ALWAYS OVER DELIVER!
If you can do this, you will always get great reviews. Here’s a few ideas you might like:
- Offer early check-ins.
- Offer late check-outs.
- Give tons of valuable information before they arrive.
- Maybe a thank you bottle of wine on arrival.
There are so many sneaky little ways to over deliver if you get creative. If you’re not the creative type then here’s a 13 more Airbnb Hacks to get you thinking.
Share your story: Well, we don’t have too much we can do here other than just make sure they have story worth telling.
Feedback to Host: This isn’t going to be a factor when it comes to your Super Host Status, however, this can be a very valuable resource for improving your hosting standards. IGNORE THIS AT YOUR PERIL!
Accuracy: Do yourself a favor here. Just be genuine, and don’t try to make out your place as something that it isn’t. It won’t take long for you to get found out. So be honest with your listing, and you should be able to guarantee 5 Stars for this every time.
Cleanliness: This is the biggy. Some guests can be super picky, so having your place immaculate is an absolute must. No excuses here. Just do the work and reap the rewards.
Check-In: This one is easy. Give good instructions before check-in and use a coded secure key lock. Keep it streamlined, keep it simple… Next!
Communication: This is biggy number 2. This is absolutely essential. If you’re a hands off host like me, it’s sooo much harder to get 5 Stars here. But there is way. I have a series of messages that I fire off to guests at set intervals before, during and after their stay. I give them all the information that they could possibly need (and more). And the results? 5 Stars every time.
Now, keeping up to date with all of these messages can be a headache, but it doesn’t have to be. You can actually automate this whole process. Want to find out how? Check here.
Location: I’m presuming that if you’re renting your home through Airbnb that your home isn’t in a crap area. Not too much that you can do to change your guest’s perspective on your location, but if you’ve developed a good rapport with your guest, then they’ll give you 5 Stars regardless.
Value: Pretty much same as “Overall experience”, the more value you can add at every interval the better.
Would you recommend staying here: Of course they would! You followed all of my steps above didn’t you???
As you can see, becoming a Super Host is easy when you know how.
Do you have any tips or tricks that you use to get great reviews?
If so, chuck it in the comments.
Words by Rowan Clifford from airbnbsmart.com