As an Airbnb host, you take the utmost pride in providing your guest with a clean and comfortable Airbnb stay. After going through all that hard work creating a competitive Airbnb listing, you love showing the world you’ve delivered on all your promises!
Here are Airbnb cleaning hacks that will be the perfect finishing touch to your guest experience and speed up recovery for a quick turnaround.
Airbnb Cleaning Supply Hacks
Cleaning supplies are pretty standard. Use items you would in your own home- mop, vacuum etc. Here are a few secret Airbnb cleaning hacks you may have only heard of your grandmother using (because it actually works).
- Bleach– this all around no-nonsense cleaner is a must. Use it on everything you can.
- Vinegar– scare of seasonal bugs, especially those that linger around you well-kept fruit bowel
- Dryer Sheets– buffs water spots from mirrors, bathroom/kitchen fixture, and shower doors, remove the ring inside the toilet and cleans baseboards.
- Lemon– chuck this citrus into the garbage disposal for fast freshening!
- Laundry Detergent– yes, you’ll want to wash that bedding as soon as possible, but your liquid laundry detergent can also be used to whiten the tiles in your kitchen and bathroom.
- Baking Soda-Speaking of laundry, get those sheets and towels brighter and cleaner by adding a cup of baking soda to the washing load. Sprinkle baking soda on couches to break up stains and dissolve weird smells. This one is vital if you haven’t party-proofed your Airbnb!
- Microfiber cloth– If your Airbnb guest makes good use of the stainless steel appliance, use a microfiber cloth to make fingerprints disappear.
- Dish Soap & Vinegar– Mix the two to give your tub and shower and makeover.
- Lint Roller-It’s not only for pet hairs! Pretty much any dirt or crumb in hard to reach places can escape the lint roller. Try it in drawers, lamp shades, and fabrics.
- Bread– Any broken glass? Using a piece of bread is safe and easy to pick up all the tiny bits and pieces.
Various Stain Hacks
- Juice: Blot with a solution of 1 teaspoon dishwashing liquid (like Ivory) in 1 cup warm water. Red-dye remover works on red fruit punch.
- Gum: Dab with extra-strength Bengay, heat with hair dryer, scrape with a press-to-seal bag. Blot with the detergent solution and rinse.
- Gravy: Pretreat with a paste of Fels-Naptha soap, then wash. Repeat if necessary. Don’t put the item in the dryer until the stain is gone.
- Mustard: Apply repeated applications of detergent solution to remove solids. When the stain is reduced, rinse and dry in bright sunlight.
- Lipstick: Blot with acetone-based nail-polish remover, followed by the detergent solution, and rinse.
- Wine: Blot with water. If stain remains, try the detergent solution. 3 percent hydrogen peroxide is effective on red wine.
Don’t Do it Alone
Hostly Chicago’s specialized maintenance staff perform cleaning and turnover services, preparing for your next guest. This includes linen service and monitoring to restock various household items. Sometimes OCD tendencies take over when cleaning. Avoid the stress but still get the perfect results by hiring a professional cleaning team that knows exactly what an Airbnb host expects!